House cleaning services aren’t cheap. The average cost of hiring a housecleaning service for biweekly house cleaning stands at around $150. If you want to hire professionals for cleaning your home, you can search for “cleaning services near me” and choose from the available options near you. Let’s check out if hiring a house cleaning service is worth it.
- You get a clean home – This is the most obvious advantage of hiring a house cleaning service for your home. Professional cleaners always do a thorough job at cleaning your home and help you bring some order to your chaotic life. Unlike regular homeowners who don’t have a proper method of cleaning their home, professionals have a checklist they need to follow to be as efficient as possible.
They also follow certain protocols. For instance, they clean a room from top to bottom instead of randomly cleaning the furniture. This helps them to get rid of dust and filth without any redundant movement and allows them to make the most out of their labor. That means you and your family get the clean home and hygienic environment you deserve.
- You don’t need to worry about supplies – Cleaning your home isn’t as simple as getting a rag and dusting everything. You need certain tools and need to test out different supplies to figure out which one does the best job at an affordable price. For instance, you need a squeegee for cleaning windows without leaving streaks or water stains. You also need to maintain and repair your cleaning appliances regularly. Moreover, these aren’t the best cleaning tools that money can buy.
On the other hand, a cleaning company always buys the best state-of-the-art equipment for cleaning your home. Their tools are more powerful, efficient, and do a better job than household appliances. Moreover, unlike regular homeowners who stick to a certain cleaning product throughout their life, cleaning companies research and figure out the best cleaning supplies for your home. Whether you opt for synthetic cleaners or organic ones, professionals are always on top of their game to provide you with the best quality of service and peace of mind by choosing the best cleaning supplies.
- You save money – While hiring a house cleaning service isn’t cheap, most people share wrong assumptions about them. One of the misconceptions about hiring a house cleaning service is that you lose money. However, the opposite is true. To understand why you save money, you need to have a rudimentary understanding of opportunity cost. Opportunity cost is usually the financial opportunity you lose when you choose one thing over another.
In this case, when you do the cleaning yourself, you lose out on the money you could have earned during that time. Most homeowners are amateur cleaners at best. They do a sloppy job and take a long time doing it. Let’s do some simple math. If your job allows you to earn around $100 every hour and you take around 5 hours to clean your home, you lose the opportunity to earn $500 while cleaning your home.
Instead, you can hire a cleaning service for $150 and add $350 to the bank while working during that time. Even if you’re earning around $30 an hour, you’ll break even for the cleaning cost. It’s always better to spend that time doing your job and improving yourself instead of doing a shoddy job at cleaning your home. Your time is limited, and you need to make the most of it.
- You get to spend more time with friends and family – Even if you don’t use that extra time earning money, you can do things that you love instead of tying yourself to a mundane chore. You can use those saved hours for spending more quality time with friends and family. Instead of wasting the weekend cleaning your home, you can leave the job to professionals and go out on a date, watch a movie, go on a ride or do whatever you love to do.
You can use that extra time for improving your social life and getting involved more with the local community. You can also invest that extra time to learn a new skill or drown yourself in a new hobby. That extra skill may improve your resume and allow you to get a better job while the hobby would grant you unprecedented fulfillment. Either way, when you hire a house cleaning service, you get all the freedom to use that extra time any way you want.
- Improved air quality – This is another underrated benefit of hiring a house cleaning service. When you hire a house cleaning service, they do a better job of getting rid of dust. Regular service removes dust from all the visible surfaces and under the furniture while a more comprehensive service can also clean filters in your HVAC system.
When all that dust gets removed from your home and isn’t recirculated throughout your home via the HVAC system, the air quality automatically improves. There are fewer dust mites, airborne particulates, and allergens. You breathe fresher air, and your family members would have fewer allergy-induced symptoms and respiratory issues. This is especially great if you have anyone in your home who suffers from chronic respiratory diseases like asthma.
- You save money on healthcare – If you’re lazy at cleaning or do a shoddy job, you either postpone cleaning chores till they never get done or don’t clean certain places and allow germ accumulation. Either way that creates an unhygienic environment that makes you sick more often. With the help of a house cleaning service, your home always stays clean, you stay healthy and that indirectly reduces trips to the hospital. This can potentially save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
While hiring house cleaning services isn’t cheap, it makes a lot of sense. Your home is cleaner, you get more time for more important things and also save money. You can search for “cleaning services near me” and hire a house cleaning service near you.